Friday, March 9, 2007

S.O.S to All You Spinners ~

I know I said I wanted to learn to spin, but this is just silly!

So, a week or so ago I ordered, what I thought was hand spun yarn from Natasha at Luxe on etsy.... well, I was wrong - very, very wrong. Today, I received this in the mail. While it is very lovely, I have no earthly idea what to do with it. HELP.
Do I need:
  • Spindle
  • Wheel
  • Someone to make something out of this for me?
  • How much yarn will this make?
Seriously, my mind is just reeling....
***edited to add*** - This acquisition of spinning fiber is completely my fault - Natasha did nothing but send me some fibery goodness. I can totally see the potential, just don't know how to get "there".

4 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hmmm, not a spinner myself, but there are a couple options. You could sell it on eBay, gift it to a spinning friend, or save it in your stash for when you want to take up spinning.

Bummer that you don't have new yarn like you thought you would for the weekend!

stacyZ said...

Okay girlfriend I will spin this up for you :) Seriously I will finally email you.

Or save it sign up for a spinning class and have fun with it later after you know if the spinning bug has bitten you. This is so beautiful though you should save it so it is not the absolute first thing you spin - because honestly you probably will not be knitting that ;)

natasha said...

hey sarah! whoa, i didn't realize you thought it was a yarn! send it right back to me and i will refund your money and i can make a yarn for you, or you can pick one that you like. it does say spinning batt in the explaination, but as a knitter, that probably didn't mean anything to you. i haven't had this happen yet, but do you have a suggestion for how to change the item description so that it doesn't happen again?

anyway, send it on back and we can work something else out.

i am so sorry for the misunderstanding!
n.

Anonymous said...

There are quite a few spindle spinning tutorials around the web- don't be scared! You can do it!

Let me know if you need some links- i am too tired right now to look for them!